Complaints Guide

We take all complaints seriously.

Where someone expresses dissatisfaction about a Charter Hall fund, product, service or asset, we'd like to hear about it. 

We maintain a five-point complaint resolution process:

  1. The complaint will be acknowledged quickly to reassure the complainant that their complaint is receiving attention;
  2. All complaints will be investigated objectively and impartially and will be considered on their merits considering the individual circumstances and needs of the complainant;
  3. Following the investigation, we will notify the complainant of our findings and any actions we have taken or plan to take regarding the complaint;
  4. Where appropriate we will amend our business practices or policies; and
  5. We will record the complaint for audit and continuous improvement opportunities.

Representatives are permitted to lodge complaints on behalf of a complainant.

If you have a complaint
Complaints will be dealt with by different parts of our business according to who is best placed to deal with the matter being raised.


Non-investment related complaints
If you have a complaint that does not relate to one of our investment funds or you need additional assistance to lodge a complaint please contact our Complaints Officer using the details shown.

Complaints Officer
Charter Hall


Securityholders and investor complaints
If you're an investor and have a complaint please call the appropriate Registry using the details shown. If you use a financial planner or broker they can convey the complaint to us on your behalf.

Indirect investors also have access to the Charter Hall dispute resolution process. If you are an indirect investor, please contact the Complaints Officer using the details above.

For listed property funds CHC, CQR and CLW, contact:

Link Market Services

For listed property fund CQE and all unlisted direct property funds, contact:

If your complaint relates to an investment product or service and has not been resolved within 30 days, or you are not satisfied with the process followed, you may seek assistance from the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA).

AFCA is a free and independent dispute resolution service that considers complaints about financial service providers and their affiliates operating in Australia. The Service can investigate disputes that fall within their Terms of Reference and make decisions that are binding on the financial services provider. Contact details for AFCA are:

GPO Box 3
Melbourne VIC 3001 (Australia)
1800 931 678

Charter Hall Funds Management Limited (ACN 082 991 786) 
Charter Hall Retail Management Limited (ACN 069 709 468) 
Charter Hall Investment Management Limited (ACN 168 439 763) 
Charter Hall Direct Property Management Limited (ACN 073 623 784) 
Charter Hall WALE Limited (ACN 610 772 202) 
Charter Hall Wholesale Management Limited (ACN 006 765 206)
Charter Hall FLK Funds Management Limited (ACN 138 125 881)
Charter Hall Social Infrastructure Limited (ACN 111 338 937)
Charter Hall Property Securities Management Limited (ACN 104 512 978)
Folkestone Seniors Living Management Limited (ACN 094 185 092)